The DAWN Clinic offers extended physical therapy services on Wednesday evenings. We are seeing patients for one-hour appointments to evaluate and treat new injuries and chronic pain issues, provide supervised exercise plans, and improve movement and function.
The doctoral students of physical therapy are trained to meet the needs of patient care in the follow areas:
- Injury management including diagnosis and treatment of sports, work, home or motor vehicle accident injuries throughout the body.
- Acute or chronic pain management such as low back pain, neck pain, or chronic pain and stiffness in the joints.
- Sensory, balance and fall risk evaluation and treatment for patients with balance or coordination issues, a history of falls or fear of falling, or sensation or muscle weakness problems.
- Treatment for those having difficulty complete tasks of everyday living such as walking, work, and household chores to improve function.
- Diabetic feet care and wound examinations, and strategies to prevent chronic sores and wounds.
- Treatment and strategies to improve clearing the lungs and training strategies to improve breathing in those with chronic lung conditions.
- Evaluations and treatment of symptoms such as dizziness, spinning, vertigo, and sense of motion at rest.
In addition, a wellness program is being planned to provide weekly exercise programs such as yoga, aerobics training, and meditation to achieve personal fitness goals. We will provide updates as this program develops. (NOT SURE IF THIS IS STILL BEING DEVELOPED?)