Primary Care Division
Alex Nguyen and Josh Ferrari
Division Chairs for Primary Care
歯科ボランティアはプライマリケアクリニックで毎週火曜日にサービスを提供します. Volunteers will screen patients for cancer and perform intra-oral and head and neck exams to determine the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. After collaborating with the attending doctor the volunteers will then provide education and the appropriate referral that best suits each patient.
歯科ワークグループの指導者は、ボランティアの間の連絡役として機能します, 歯科preceptors, 歯科ライフライン, そしてDAWNクリニック. They ensure that there are volunteers scheduled for each night and that patients are referred to and followed up upon after each appointment. ワークグループのリーダーはpreceptorsになるために他の歯科専門家を募集し、積極的に新しいリソースを検索します, 用品, ・機器は、より良いDAWN患者にサービスを提供するために. 彼らはまた、DAWNを拡大する機会を提供するのに役立つと将来の関係を促進するために他の歯科学生やDAWNクリニック内の異なる保健専門職との連携します.
- Margeaux Black, ワークグループリーダー
- Riley Johnson, ワークグループリーダー
- Simone Favor, Scheduling Liaison
- Brooke Martinez, Dental Lifeline Liaison
- Bushra Omar, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
MD / PA / NP
MD/PA/NP volunteers serve as student providers in the weekly primary care clinic on Tuesdays. Volunteers collaborate interprofessionally to treat patients with acute medical concerns or chronic diseases. タスクは、患者の病歴を取り、物理的な試験を行うことを含みます, discussing cases and developing plans with attendings, 予防健康教育を提供, writing patient notes into the EMR system, そして患者のケアプランをコーディネート.
- Ellen Rhodes, ワークグループリーダー
- Andrea Mariana, Workgroup Leader/Scheduling Liaison
- Alyssa Shepherd, Workgroup Leader/Preceptor Recruitment
Nursing students are an integral part of treatment teams every Tuesday night at Dawn. We work interprofessionally with MD and PA students in assessing and gathering patient information including medical and social histories and medication reconcilliation. We perform basic and focused assessments and collaborate on presenting reports and developing a care plan for patients with our interprofessional team member and preceptors. Additionally, our volunteers are present at the triage station where they assess vital signs on each patient. Nursing students play a large role in educating patients about current and new diagnoses and serve as advocates for patient-centered care.
- Chloe Elder, ワークグループリーダー
- Megan Meyer, Scheduling Liaison
- Kendall Peterson, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
- Alex Schaplan, ワークグループリーダー
Pharmacy students will be present in the clinic every Tuesday night. First year students are able to shadow second, third, and fourth-year students but are unable to volunteer directly at clinic. Second-year students work at triage with interprofessional teams to ensure medication reconciliation is performed on all patients as well as administer immunizations to patients in need. Our third and fourth-year students work with the interprofessional student teams and preceptors to provide medication recommendations and counselling for both acute and chronic disease states
- Hallie Zhang, ワークグループリーダー
- Pengsue Yang, ワークグループリーダー
- Cecelia Nguyen, ワークグループリーダー
- Sarah Jallen, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
- Stephanie Early, スケジューリング
- Tanya Daughtry, スケジューリング
- Tracie VanHorn, CIIS Administrator
Workgroup leaders on the PT side manage all of the PT workgroups and serve as a liaison between PT and PCP/Tuesday nights. クリニック理事は、PTの夜のマネージャーの管理を担当します, student volunteers and quality improvement for PT nights.
- Nica Jacobson, ワークグループリーダー
- Meagan Swisher, PT Clinic Director
- Amalia Iwasaki, PT Clinic Director
- Amanda Wambach, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
- Maddie Burns, ワークグループリーダー
- Trevor Dalton, ワークグループリーダー
Diabetes Education works to support Type 2 Diabetics, identified within the Aurora patient population, through our presence in the clinic, and education regarding nutrition, exercise, and medications outside of Clinic nights. We work closely with groups within the community to identify high-risk pre-diabetic groups, working closely with ADA in providing access to Diabetes Prevention Programs (DPP) and free exercise courses. Diabetes Education has a specialty night on the 3rd Monday of every month.
- Kathryn Lamberton, ワークグループリーダー
- Shasta Small, ワークグループリーダー
- Emily Gammill, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
The Health Equity Workgroup focuses on how we can be intentional about providing patient-centered, population-aware, and culturally humble care for our patient populations. Our current projects include partnering with Denver Public Health and Rocky Mountain CARES to provide TB testing and treatment, HIV testing, and PrEP counseling to all of our patients. Our future projects include implementing Cultural Competency/Humility training for all volunteers at DAWN, improving our training for volunteers working with interpreters, and making DAWN a more LGBTQ+ inclusive care environment. We welcome student volunteers and faculty mentors from all disciplines and backgrounds.
- Josh Miller, ワークグループリーダー (TB/HIV)
- Alecia Morgan, ワークグループリーダー (TB/HIV)
- Denis Ohlstrom, ワークグループリーダー (Cultural Competency)
- Ivana Vasic, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
The Behavioral Health team at DAWN focuses on a co-visitation model in supporting our medical collogues in recognizing and screening for any mental and behavioral health risk factors. Some may dismiss stressful or emotional concerns in the face of unknown medical symptoms. Our team strives to recognize how medical symptoms relate to biological, psychological, and social factors in patient’s health care. Our team is in the clinic every Tuesday night and schedules follow up visits with individuals as needed.
- Ethan Banner, Workgroup Leader/Safety and Risk Management Liaison
Danielle Davis and Jessica Monishi
Division Chairs for Subspecialties
The MD/PA/NP, nursing and pharmacy volunteers work under DAWN’s network of subspecialist providers seeing patients during the monthly specialty care clinics. 専門分野のワークグループは、試験を提供します, 協議, テスティング, および関連急性懸念や慢性疾患の患者へのサポート.
皮膚科: 1st Monday
The Dermatology workgroup provides consultations, 試験, and testing for patients concerned skin, hair, or nail abnormalities. We perform punch biopsies, excisions, steroid injections, skin scraping, etc.
- Sophia Hu, Dermatology Workgroup Leader
- Sophia Wolfe, Dermatology Workgroup Leader
Cardiology: 2nd Wednesday
The Cardiology Workgroup provides consultations, 試験, and testing for patients concerned with their cardiac health.
- Elijah Finer, Cardiology Workgroup Leader
- Roxana Tabrizi, Cardiology Workgroup Leader
- Amir Jaberyzadeh, Cardiology Workgroup Leader
- Emmanuel Seyoum, Cardiology Workgroup Leader
眼科: 3rd Monday
The Ophthalmology Workgroup work with patients with any complaints of acute or chronic vision disturbance or loss or are diabetic/pre-diabetic. 我々はのための視力検査と視力検査を行います, 処方レンズを処方, および眼疾患を診断し、治療 (緑内障, 黄斑変性症, 白内障) or provide referrals for surgery if necessary.
- Conan Chen, Ophthalmology Workgroup Leader
女性の健康: 3rd Wednesday
The Women’s Health / Reproductive Health Workgroups aims to provide the Aurora population with Women’s Health resources including Contraception, Family Planning Services, and OB-GYN Specialty services through contacts and organizations already available within the community.
- Katie Ganser, ワークグループリーダー
- Stephanie Cung, ワークグループリーダー
- Alex Prekeges, ワークグループリーダー
LGBTQ+: 4th Wednesday
- Lizzie Ambros, ワークグループリーダー
- Ignasias Gutierrez-Beasley, ワークグループリーダー
- Ryan DiGuglielmo, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
Patient Coordination Division
Thomas Clemens and Grace Han
Division Chairs for Patient Coordination
The role of the Care Coordination workgroup at the DAWN Clinic is paramount as we ensure that patients understand the next steps in their care, receive follow-up care, and are able to connect with the appropriate referrals. As patients’ first point of contact with the DAWN Clinic, Care Coordinators also check-in with patients about follow-up screening tests and appointments. A large part of our services involve connecting patients to housing, food, employment, insurance, tobacco cessation, alcohol cessation, etc. services in the community. By ensuring efficient acquisition and sharing of patient records, our workgroup establishes partnerships and referral systems with local community organizations.
- Beatrice Guillermo, ワークグループリーダー
- Elyse Handley, ワークグループリーダー
- JJ Ready, ワークグループリーダー
- Courtney Kauffman, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
The registration workgroup at DAWN Clinic works at the very front line of the clinic. We are there to welcome patients, assist with registration/check-in process, and make sure they feel at home throughout their visits.
- Grace Han, ワークグループリーダー
- Michael Miller, ワークグループリーダー
- Hunter Schumaker, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
Scheduling has two important roles: 1) Managing the master schedule for each clinic night, そして 2) Onboarding and welcoming all new volunteers. All individual workgroup schedules go through Scheduling so that volunteers who attend clinic can be coordinated for shifts at DAWN. All new volunteers are welcomed and oriented initially through Scheduling as well, including community members, working professionals, and students. They receive their volunteer paperwork/immunization forms and are guided through choosing workgroups.
- Khoa Nguyen, ワークグループリーダー
- Katie Palmer, ワークグループリーダー
Quality and Safety Division
Kristine Yee and Michael Miller
Division Chairs for Quality and Safety
- Veronica Hernandez-Ramos, ワークグループリーダー
- Caterina Zagona-Prizio, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
As the public face of the DAWN clinic, the Community Engagement workgroup acts as liaisons for DAWN among our patients and community partners. Community Engagement aims to better integrate the DAWN clinic into the surrounding Aurora community by developing connections between DAWN and community organizations. Ultimately, we aim to create an expansive body of resources for our patients and cultivate an environment at DAWN where patients feel more autonomy over their health.
- Gia Zoller, ワークグループリーダー
- Halimah Hamidu, ワークグループリーダー
Responsible for administering Practice Fusion, DAWN Phone and Fax services, the dawnclinic.org website and email systems, and other technical issues for the clinic.
- Vincent Wysocki, ワークグループリーダー
Long Term Outcomes Research
Conduct research studies evaluating DAWN’s care and impact on patients and volunteers. Oversee all research projects within DAWN via the DAWN IRB. Provide consulting support to other workgroups on their projects.
- Jessie Barclay, ワークグループリーダー
- Lexie Pratt, ワークグループリーダー
- Amanda Charlton, Faculty Liaison
- Emily Dorgan, Clinical Student Liaison
- Nasim Dehkordi, Clinical Student Liaison
- Grachelle Gonong, Undergraduate Student Liaison
Testing and Supplies
- Alex Vail, ワークグループリーダー
- Garrett Breazeale, Safety and Risk Management Liaison
- Laurel Darrah, ワークグループリーダー