MD/PA – Other Opportunities
Workgroup Leaders recruit, train, and schedule medical preceptors and students for clinic nights. Leaders function as the liaison between CU SOM/PAP and DAWN and work to expand, develop, and manage opportunities for MD/PA students to contribute to the clinic. They collaborate with other workgroup leaders and the division chair under the Complete Care Division to deliver high quality care to the patients at DAWN.
Health Education Liason
The Health Education Liason manages the current Health Education information provided to patients as well as trains the student volunteers about proper delivery of such information through motivational interviewing.
Safety and Risk Management (SRM) Liason
The Safety and Risk Management Liason assists new volunteers, both students and prececptors, with the on-boarding process and manages all paperwork for the workgroup. The SRM Liason works with the Health IT team and the Quality and Safety division to improve the safety of our patients and volunteers.
The Scheduling Liason organizes the clinic shift schedule for student volunteers.
Medical Subspecialties Workgroup
DAWN holds free specialty care services for qualified patients at our Specialty Night every 3rd Tuesday of the Month. MD/PA/Nursing volunteers work under DAWN’s network of subspecialist providers seeing patients during the monthly specialty care clinic. Our on-site teams include:
· Dermatology – We provide consultations, exams, and testing for patients concerned with skin conditions (rash, itchiness, irregular growths, warts, cancer concerns), hair loss or other issues, and abnormalities in nails (discoloration, pitting).
· Ophthalmology – We work with patients with any complaints of acute or chronic vision disturbance or loss or are diabetic/pre-diabetic. We perform eye exams and vision testing for, prescribe prescription lenses, and diagnosis and treat eye diseases (glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts).
· Psychiatry – We provide comprehensive mental health evaluations, medication management, and support for patients. We also treat conditions such as depression, anxiety disorders, attention-deficit disorder, trauma, personality disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and other mental health conditions.
· Pulmonology – We provide family-centered pulmonology services which include lung function testing in symptomatic patients along with evaluation and treatment of chronic lung conditions (asthma, bronchiolitis, emphysema, COPD).
· Women’s Health – We will help connect you to community partners for OB-GYN services such as contraception, family planning, pre-natal care, gynecological surgical needs, and screenings/ diagnostic exams (i.e. Mammograms, Pap smears).