Tuesday Night – Medical & Dental (Adults Only)
- Dermatology – Skin: We provide consultations, exams, and testing for patients concerned with skin conditions (rash, itchiness, irregular growths, warts, cancer concerns), hair loss or other issues, and abnormalities in nails (discoloration, pitting).
- Ophthalmology – Eyes: We work with patients with any complaints of acute or chronic vision disturbance or loss or are diabetic/pre-diabetic. We perform eye exams and vision testing for, prescribe prescription lenses, and diagnosis and treat eye diseases (glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts).
- Pulmonology – Lungs: We provide family-centered pulmonology services which include lung function testing in symptomatic patients along with evaluation and treatment of chronic lung conditions (asthma, bronchiolitis, emphysema, COPD). In certain cases, pediatric patients can be seen by our Pulmonology team. Please call to inquire about the details.
- Psychiatry – Mental Health: We provide comprehensive mental health evaluations, medication management, and support for patients. We also treat conditions such as depression, anxiety disorders, attention-deficit disorder, trauma, personality disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and other mental health conditions.
- Women’s Health: We will help connect you to community partners for OB-GYN services such as contraception, family planning, pre-natal care, gynecological surgical needs, and screenings/ diagnostic exams (i.e. Mammograms, Pap smears).
If you have any related concerns and think you may benefit from one of our services, please come on in!
The doctoral students of physical therapy are trained to meet the needs of patient care in the follow areas:
- Injury management including diagnosis and treatment of sports, work, home or motor vehicle accident injuries throughout the body.
- Acute or chronic pain management such as low back pain, neck pain, or chronic pain and stiffness in the joints.
- Sensory, balance and fall risk evaluation and treatment for patients with balance or coordination issues, a history of falls or fear of falling, or sensation or muscle weakness problems.
- Treatment for those having difficulty complete tasks of everyday living such as walking, work, and household chores to improve function.
- Diabetic feet care and wound examinations, and strategies to prevent chronic sores and wounds.
- Treatment and strategies to improve clearing the lungs and training strategies to improve breathing in those with chronic lung conditions.
- Evaluations and treatment of symptoms such as dizziness, spinning, vertigo, and sense of motion at rest.
- Lipid panel test for cholesterol
- Blood sugar test for diabetes
- HIV tests
- Strep throat and influenza tests
Finally, the DAWN Clinic has relationships with local radiologists for patients needing medical imaging results including X-rays and MRIs. If student volunteers identify you as a patient who needs one of these tests, we will work with you every step of the way to have the test performed and the results communicated back to you.
We can also help with:
- Health Education
- Navigating the healthcare system
- Connection to local organizations that aid with insurance enrollment