Tuesday Night – Medical & Dental (ndị okenye naanị)
- Dermatology – Skin
- Ophthalmology – Eyes
- Pulmonology – Lungs
- Neurology – Brain
- Rheumatology – Joints, Muscle, Ligaments
- Psychology – Mental Health
- Women’s Health
- Diabetes Education
- Optometry – Eyes
If you have any related concerns and think you may benefit from one of our services, please come on in!
The doctoral students of physical therapy are trained to meet the needs of patient care in the following areas:
- Injury management including diagnosis and treatment of sports, work, home or motor vehicle accident injuries throughout the body.
- Acute or chronic pain management such as low back pain, neck pain, or chronic pain and stiffness in the joints.
- Sensory, balance and fall risk evaluation and treatment for patients with balance or coordination issues, a history of falls or fear of falling, or sensation or muscle weakness problems.
- Treatment for those having difficulty complete tasks of everyday living such as walking, work, and household chores to improve function.
- Diabetic feet care and wound examinations, and strategies to prevent chronic sores and wounds.
- Treatment and strategies to improve clearing the lungs and training strategies to improve breathing in those with chronic lung conditions.
- Evaluations and treatment of symptoms such as dizziness, spinning, vertigo, and sense of motion at rest.
The DAWN Clinic has certain testing equipment that produce immediate results, which trained clinic volunteers may use to help make important healthcare decisions. Examples of these include:
- Lipid panel test for cholesterol
- Blood sugar test for diabetes
- HIV tests
- Strep throat and influenza tests
Finally, the DAWN Clinic has relationships with local radiologists for patients needing medical imaging. If student volunteers identify you as a patient who needs one of these tests, we will work with you every step of the way to have the test performed and the results communicated back to you.
Anyị nwekwara ike nyere aka na:
- Health Education
- Navigating ahụike usoro
- Connection to local organizations that aid with insurance enrollment