Patient Information & Services
Tuesday Night – Medical & Dental (Adults Only)
This is our free clinic night. We offer same day visits from 6:00 දක්වා 8:00 pm. If you do not have an appointment, we will see you on a first come, first serve basis. Dawn is an interprofessionally run free clinic and is staffed by medical students, doctors, pharmacists, physical therapists, nurses, social workers,and mental health professionals.
3rd Tuesday of the Month – Specialty Night (Adults Only)
- Dermatology: We provide consultations, exams, and testing for patients concerned with skin conditions (rash, itchiness, irregular growths, warts, cancer concerns), hair loss or other issues, and abnormalities in nails (discoloration, pitting).
- Ophthalmology: We work with patients with any complaints of acute or chronic vision disturbance or loss or are diabetic/pre-diabetic. We perform eye exams and vision testing for, prescribe prescription lenses, and diagnosis and treat eye diseases (glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts).
- Pulmonology: We provide family-centered pulmonology services which include lung function testing in symptomatic patients along with evaluation and treatment of chronic lung conditions (asthma, bronchiolitis, emphysema, COPD).
In certain cases, pediatric patients can be seen by our Pulmonology team. Please call to inquire about the details.
- Psychiatry: We provide comprehensive mental health evaluations, medication management, and support for patients. We also treat conditions such as depression, anxiety disorders, attention-deficit disorder, trauma, personality disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and other mental health conditions.
- Women’s Health: We will help connect you to community partners for OB-GYN services such as contraception, family planning, pre-natal care, gynecological surgical needs, and screenings/ diagnostic exams (i.e. Mammograms, Pap smears).
If you have any related concerns and think you may benefit from one of our services, please come on in!
Wednesday Night Clinic – Physical Therapy (By Appointment Only)
The DAWN Clinic offers extended physical therapy services on Wednesday evenings
. We are seeing patients for one-hour appointments to evaluate and treat new injuries and chronic pain issues
, provide supervised exercise plans
, and improve movement and function
The doctoral students of physical therapy are trained to meet the needs of patient care in the follow areas
- Injury management including diagnosis and treatment of sports, work, home or motor vehicle accident injuries throughout the body.
- Acute or chronic pain management such as low back pain, neck pain, or chronic pain and stiffness in the joints.
- Sensory, balance and fall risk evaluation and treatment for patients with balance or coordination issues, a history of falls or fear of falling, or sensation or muscle weakness problems.
- Treatment for those having difficulty complete tasks of everyday living such as walking, work, and household chores to improve function.
- Diabetic feet care and wound examinations, and strategies to prevent chronic sores and wounds.
- Treatment and strategies to improve clearing the lungs and training strategies to improve breathing in those with chronic lung conditions.
- Evaluations and treatment of symptoms such as dizziness, spinning, vertigo, and sense of motion at rest.
In addition, a wellness program is being planned to provide weekly exercise programs such as yoga, aerobics training, and meditation to achieve personal fitness goals. We will provide updates as this program develops. (NOT SURE IF THIS IS STILL BEING DEVELOPED?)
The DAWN Clinic provides free testing and medical imaging services to qualified patients whose medical care will be enhanced by laboratory or imaging results
. Laboratory specimens are collected by trained students at the clinic and processed by the University Hospital Clinical Laboratory
. Results are faxed back to the clinic and patients contacted for follow up appointments
The DAWN Clinic has certain testing equipment that produce immediate results
, which trained clinic volunteers may use to help make important healthcare decisions
. Examples of these include
- Lipid panel test for cholesterol
- Blood sugar test for diabetes
- HIV tests
- Strep throat and influenza tests Finally, the DAWN Clinic has relationships with local radiologists for patients needing medical imaging results including X-rays and MRIs. If student volunteers identify you as a patient who needs one of these tests, we will work with you every step of the way to have the test performed and the results communicated back to you.
You may be seen at this free clinic if you:
- Are older than 18
- Do not have health insurance (including Medicare / Medicaid)
- Live in Original Aurora.
Who will be my provider?
You will see a student first
, then a licensed provider
. Some specialized services are available
, but we do not offer surgery or other advanced procedures
We can also help with
- Insurance enrollment
- Health Education
- Navigating the healthcare system
Walk-ins are suggested to arrive at 5:30 අගමැති.
We see patients Tuesday at 6:00 අගමැති & 7:30 අගමැති. Patients are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
How can I make an appointment?
Please use the contact us form or call
303-800-9677 to inquire about appointments