Subspecialties – Other Opportunities
The Medical Subspecialties Workgroup leader recruits and develops DAWN’s network of subspecialist providers and volunteers as the liaison between CU subspecialty departments and DAWN. They coordinates specialty care services and referrals, oversees all Subspecialty Care workgroups, and manages monthly specialty care clinic nights. The leader works to expand, develop, and manage opportunities for students to contribute to the clinic. They collaborate with other workgroup leaders and the division chair under the Complete Care Division to deliver high quality care to the patients at DAWN.
Safety and Risk Management (SRM) Liason
The Safety and Risk Management Liason assists new volunteers, both students and prececptors, with the on-boarding process and manages all paperwork for the workgroup. The SRM Liason works with the Health IT team and the Quality and Safety division to improve the safety of our patients and volunteers.
The Scheduling Liason organizes the clinic shift schedule for student volunteers.
- If interested, we can arrange for you to:
- Shadow the residents
- Work on patient recruitment
- Research/QI projects.
- Develop questionnaire/screening process
- Recruiting volunteers for clinic night to use screening equipment/cameras
- Establishing partnership with Lions Club for free/reduced prescription lenses
- Recruiting volunteers for clinic night
- Participate with pulmonology through the MD/PA workgroup
- Screening during specialty/regular clinic nights
- Assess population needs for services
- Providing PAP/HPV testing in clinic
- GYN Cart – portable stirrups and gyn equipment for in house examination
- Expanding referral services, greater collaboration with Aurora