There are many ways that you can help the DAWN clinic.
Please visit the workgroups page to learn more about the different workgroups and their function within the DAWN clinic. Each group provides a necessary service for the functioning of the clinic and outreach to the community. If you are interested in taking on more leadership responsibilities, each workgroup has at least two leaders and an overall division chair who are selected each year. Every school on campus is welcome and encouraged to participate.
If you are interested in volunteering on clinic night, we would also like to hear from you. Please note that members who participate in workgroups have priority when scheduling clinic night shifts.
Please complete the interest form for volunteering with the DAWN Clinic.
Volunteer opportunities for undergraduate students include:
- Registration – You are the first person to greet the patient and introduce them to our clinic. You are critical to help orient patients, answer questions, and help them with paperwork.
- Care Coordination – You help patients to navigate the healthcare system and understand their treatment plan. You see patients after they have finished the visit and ensure they are able to get their medications, imaging, follow up appointments, and address any social concerns that may be affecting their health. This is a really awesome and unique opportunity to become a part of patient’s lives and healthcare. It is very rewarding. It requires some initial training sessions and a slightly greater time commitment than registration.
- workgroups – We also have a variety of workgroups that work to make the materials needed for the clinic, make sure clinic is running smoothly, do research, etc. These workgroups would be something students could get more involved in as they learn more about the clinic and find areas that interest them. If you are excited about our clinic and become involved, leadership opportunities will become available.
- Tuesdays from 5:15 PM – 9:00 PM – This is our primary clinic night where patients see medical providers for primary care along with a variety of other specialties.
- Wednesdays from 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM – This is our more specialized clinic night where we see patients for physical therapy appointments and behav.
- Both nights would involved similar responsibilities for Registration or Care Coordination; however, Wednesday nights tend to be somewhat less busy. Tuesday nights would involve a greater opportunity for exposure to a greater variety of students and faculty from different backgrounds.
- This is an amazing opportunity to become involved with the community and patient’s lives. We work closely with community organizations to make sure we are truly serving this community. We want to help you experience healthcare and working with underserved populations. Here you get volunteer experience, get to work this closely with patients, and develop relationships with professionals in the healthcare field.
- This will look good on future graduate school or job applications. It shows that you are passionate about advocacy, volunteering, and healthcare. Many of the admissions committees in the Denver/Aurora area have members who have worked with us or know about our mission.
- You will get to know current healthcare school students who can help mentor you, answer questions, and help you be successful in the future. You will also have the opportunity to meet a variety of professionals who want to help students find their passion within the healthcare field. This networking will help you in many future endeavors.
If interested in getting involved, please complete the Undergraduate Interest Form.